Este no es un blog: es una cajita de chocolates en una mesa huérfana. Tome cuantos quiera. Eso sí, deje algunos para el resto.

jueves, noviembre 11, 2004

Artjish, the green fairy and the gowns flowing white

Dracula
Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me.

Mina
Tell me, prince. Tell me of your home.

Dracula
It's the most beautiful place in all creation.

Mina
Yes, must be. A land beyond a great vast forest. Surrounded by majestic mountains. Lush vineyards, Flowers of such frailty and beauty as to be found nowhere else.

Dracula
You describe my home as if you had seen it first-hand.

Mina
It's your voice, perhaps. So familiar. It's like a voice in a dream I cannot place. It comforts me when I'm alone.
And what of the princess?

Dracula
Princess?

Mina
There is always a princess. With gowns flowing white. Her face... her face is a river. The princess... she's a river filled with tears of sadness and heartbreak.

Dracula
There was a princess... Elizabetha. She was the most graciest woman in all the empires of the world. Man's deceit took her from her ancient prince. She leapt to her death into the river that you spoke of. In my mother's tongue it is called Artjish. River Princess.

Bram Stoker's Dracula, Francis Ford Coppola, 1992

1 Comments:

Blogger Onophrius said...

Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self.
The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul.
But you are safe with me.

Es casi un haiku no creen?

3:44 p. m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home